Production Hygiene Manager
- £30000 - £32000 per annum
- Manufacturing & Production
Focused Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Hygiene Manager for a leading well-known manufacturer. You will have a proven track record of successfully managing a production team and you will support the Hygiene team with regards to professional food hygiene services.
To manage and support the Hygiene team with regards to the provision of a complete, effective and professional food hygiene service to the Company, supporting the requirement to operate within full legal requirements as specified in the Food Safety Act 1990. This role will co-ordinate the general day-to-day activities of the hygiene team.
- To ensure all aspects of the hygiene service are carried out and maintained to the required standard
- To manage the hygiene budget and ensure all expenditure is authorised and recorded
- To manage the ordering and stock control of hygiene consumables and chemicals
- To maintain detailed cleaning instructions and schedules for every hygiene activity that meet the requirements of the BRC food safety standard
- To be responsible for the effective delivery of the site laundry service to include the contracted external service and in-house laundry operations
- Management of the pest control contract and overseeing the completion of all pest prevention actions to the required standards
- Responsible for the cleaning of air handling, evaporators and high risk air socks
- To oversee the day to day running of the staff facilities including vending services, maintenance of stocks /consumables in the staff canteen, staff washroom facilities and all associated equipment
- To conduct compliance audits / inspections of internal hygiene standards and documentation
- To manage the provision of hygiene chemicals and dosing equipment on site - to include regular reviews with chemical supplier, periodic chemical dosing checks, maintenance of equipment and to oversee the safe storage, decant, transport and use of chemicals on site.
- To work with suppliers to obtain the most suitable and cost effective equipment and consumables and to effectively manage supplier non-conformance in a timely manner
- To support the Technical & QA team in obtaining water samples for testing and participating in microbiological investigations or projects to drive improvements in the site hygiene standards
- To provide training and awareness for all hygiene and waste handling staff in all procedures relevant to their role Waste / Environment
- To manage the segregation, storage and timely removal of all waste recyclates, landfill, hazardous and confidential waste streams
- To manage the waste budget
- To manage the external waste contractors and ensure they operate in a legally compliant and safe manner at all times including retaining copies of all appropriate waste licenses and Duty of Care documentation
- To ensure the external yard waste area is maintained in a safe, controlled and hygienic manner at all times
- To ensure all waste operatives are appropriately trained and comply with all legal obligations associated with their role
- To provide support in waste management compliance to the three remote transport depots Health & Safety
- Conduct COSHH assessments, risk assessments and document safe systems of work for all hygiene task
By applying for this position you are giving authorisation for Focused Recruitment Ltd to contact you regarding this vacancy and other vacancies we feel may be suitable for you.
We will not present your CV to any clients without your explicit consent. We will contact you if your CV is of interest, if you are unavailable we will leave a message, YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress any further.
Focused Recruitment are a multi award winning independent recruitment agency covering South Wales and the South West. As a service driven company we are fully committed to working with clients and candidates that share this value. We consistently place the right people, into the right companies, with the right roles to fulfil their career aspirations.