Production Engineering Technician (PCB Repair)
- £28000 per annum
Focused Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Production Engineering Technician to join our clients global manufacturing site in the Cardiff area.
Hours of work
Monday to Thursday 8:00 - 4:30 and Friday 8:00 - 13:00.
Package includes 5% employer pension contribution and the employee has to make 5%, 4x salary life assurance, 33 days’ holiday (this includes bank holidays)
- Carry out fault finding and repairs to PCBA’s and apply corrective actions to eliminate repeated failures.
- To carry out investigations and tests on all products/processes/equipment/machinery as indicated by the Senior Production Engineer.
- To develop and implement corrective actions to eliminate repeated production abnormalities.
- Document and report all investigation finds/results to the Senior Production Engineer.
- Analyse component reject data in order to establish possible corrective action.
- Carry out training and review of training for production operators in line with the training procedure.
- Raise change notes and concessions where required in line with current procedures.
- To be first line response of initial investigations of equipment failures and report as necessary.
- To complete accurate work sheets, yield reports, repair records as required.
- To complete operations problem log where applicable.
- Ensure that all test/production equipment is in current state of calibration
- Attend operations problem log and yield meetings.
- Technical Qualification as appropriate (ideally ONC/HNC)
- Knowledge of Company Quality system and its implications on production activities.
- Principles of Materials Management System (MAX).
- Experience & skills to ensure the proper control and use of all production equipment.
- Principles of Lean Manufacturing which includes 5s’
- Principles of work-study and work measurement techniques.
By applying for this position you are giving authorisation for Focused Recruitment Ltd to contact you regarding this vacancy and other vacancies we feel may be suitable for you.
We will not present your CV to any clients without your explicit consent. We will contact you if your CV is of interest, if you are unavailable we will leave a message, YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress any further.
Focused Recruitment are a multi award winning independent recruitment agency covering South Wales and the South West. As a service driven company we are fully committed to working with clients and candidates that share this value. We consistently place the right people, into the right companies, with the right roles to fulfil their career aspirations.