- £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Car allowance + parking + private medical insurance
- Health & Safety
Health, Safety & Environment Manager
£40,000 to £50,000 (DOE)
Monday to Friday: 8am to 4pm
Focused Recruitment are currently recruiting an experienced Health, Safety & Environmental Manager to join our prestigious client, an industry leading specialist manufacturer in the Cardiff area. The successful candidate will be working as part of the senior management team dealing with suppliers and site departmental managers becoming a key member of the team across multiple sites.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Managing changes in legislation to ensure company compliance.
• Evaluation of working practices and procedures to assess risk and legal compliance.
• Providing advice and support during incident investigations to ensure accurate root cause analysis.
• Conducting SHE audits to monitor compliance against company policies.
• Deliver training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
• Report the sites SHE performance to the SLT and to head office.
• Chair Manchester site safety committee meetings.
• Manage the site SHE budget and corrective database action.
• Manage site waste across the Cardiff and Manchester site and continually review to achieve cost reduction and improvements in respect of environmental impacts such as recycling etc.
• Provide coaching and support to the senior management team to help ensure and achieve all company SHE objectives are met and best practice is shared.
• Continually evaluate the sites performance and recommend opportunities for improvements.
• Provide advice and guidance to line managers on all aspects of SHE, where appropriate.
• Evaluate new process/machines and liaise with the engineering and production departments to design safe working methods.
• Manage the Manchester site security contract and 6 Security Guards.
Skills and Experience Required:
• NEBOSH Certification or equivalent
• IEMA Environmental qualification or similar
• Experience of working as HSE Manager within an FMCG business.
• Experience of managing people and dealing with trade unions.
• Experience of training development and delivery, including IOSH
• Demonstrate excellent decision making ability with strong quality and people management skills
• Understanding of OHSAS 45001 and ISO 14001 management systems is essential.
• Must have in depth knowledge of HSE law and policy.
This is a critical role where you will be an essential member of the team and highly accountable for the sites HSE compliance. You will receive a competitive salary and benefit from a company car allowance, onsite parking, private medical insurance and generous holiday allowance. There are excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth within this company.
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
For immediate consideration, please forward your CV to George at Focused Recruitment today or call for a free confidential impartial chat.
By applying for this position you are giving authorisation for Focused Recruitment Ltd to contact you regarding this vacancy and other vacancies we feel may be suitable for you.
We will not present your CV to any clients without your explicit consent. We will contact you if your CV is of interest, if you are unavailable we will leave a message, YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress any further.
Focused Recruitment are a multi award winning independent recruitment agency covering South Wales and the South West. As a service driven company we are fully committed to working with clients and candidates that share this value. We consistently place the right people, into the right companies, with the right roles to fulfil their career aspirations.